The Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) Teacher Training Certification Program is open to yoga students interested to become Kundalini Yoga teachers, as well as to those who want to deepen their experience and to immerse themselves in the science of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.. KRI Level-1 Teacher Certification is increasingly a worldwide standard for Kundalini Yoga Teachers with thousands of teachers being trained in many countries in all continents. Certification is necessary to obtain membership in the International Kundalini Yoga Teacher Association (IKYTA) and the Yoga Alliance, both based in the USA.
The teacher program in Asia is carried out by a team of trainers appointed by Sunder Singh Khalsa, Coordinator of the Teacher Training programmes in Asia, certified Teacher Trainer in Level 1 & 2 with 33 years of experience in teaching Kundalini Yoga. Facilitator for the Singapore course will be with Kirti with the participation of lead trainer Tonie Nooyens and support of Tien and Rajveer Singh Khalsa and Gurujaswant Kaur.
The KRI Level-1 Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program includes the theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
The curriculum includes:
- Kundalini Yoga Asana, mudra & bandha, Kriyas,
- Pranayama, Sound current and Mantra, Mind and Meditation;
- The Role of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher;
- Yogic Philosophy, Roots of Kundalini Yoga and History of Yoga;
- Yogic & Western Anatomy, the eight chakras & ten bodies;
- Humanology & Yogic Lifestyle, Yogic Diet & Nutrition;
- Conscious Relationships, Deep relaxation;
- Sadhana: Daily spiritual practice;
- Role of a kundalini yoga teacher, Teaching kundalini yoga & meditation
- Teaching practicum: teaching in small groups with fellow students under the supervision of a Yoga Teacher Trainer. The teaching groups will provide each student teacher with experience in teaching, and give valuable feedback on the personal teaching experience, as well as the opportunity to practice teaching skills with fellow student
The main requirements for KRI Level 1 Teacher Certification include participation in all class sessions; completion of presentation and teaching assignments; fulfillment of a personal yoga practice; a passing grade on the KRI written exam. In addition, students have to participate in at least two workshops with Sunder Singh Khalsa (or one worksop and participation to White Tantric) and have attended a number of scheduled early-morning practice sessions (‘sadhana’) and regular classes run by certified Level 1 instructors. KRI Certification also requires agreement with the KRI Code of Ethics for Kundalini Yoga Teachers.
For more details on certification requirements.
No training is planned in 2013 in Singapore. A similar program being run in other countries, module taken in one of these countries can be credited to the program in the other countries. Details of other courses on http://www.kundaliniyogaasia.org/content/kri-asia-level-1-teacher-training-programs.
The KRI Level-1 Teacher Certification is the worldwide standard for Kundalini Yoga Teachers as taught by Yogi Bhajan with thousands of teachers being trained in many countries in all continents. In many countries KRI certification is accepted for professional Kundalini Yoga occupations. Certification is necessary to obtain membership in the International Kundalini Yoga Teacher Association (IKYTA) as well as becoming a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) through the Yoga Alliance -www.yogaalliance.org - a non-profit organization that maintains educational standards and a registry of Registered Yoga Teachers (www.yogaalliance.org).